Anglican Missions is a non-profit organisation that seeks to fund and support overseas missions on behalf of the Anglican church. An exciting opportunity has opened up for an Operations and Projects Officer, with the right skills and experience to contribute to our Board’s strategic directions and business plan, including a key focus on climate change.
We are looking for a person with strong leadership skills due to their responsibilities as second in command to the CEO.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Designing, overseeing, implementing and reporting on the Board’s Strategic and Operational plans;
- Assist the CEO to design and manage the Board’s approach and response to natural disasters, particularly in the Pacific region;
- Prepare high quality project ‘packages’ and assist with securing project sponsorships;
- Look out for better ways to connect groups to projects overseas;
- Excellent and sensitive team builder.
- Project management experience – aid and development sector.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent at building and connecting great rapport within a team.
- Superb attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Creative problem solving and flexibility.
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge about Anglican church ethos
- Knowledge about overseas missions
Please send a covering letter and CV to Metua Takairangi, Executive Assistant to the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (04) 473 5172. Our website is www.angmissions.org.nz