A busy dynamic rural health project committed to the poor in a remote area in Bangladesh is in need of a facilitator-trainer for English communication necessary to sustain its funding. Almost all its funding comes from private donations from New Zealand and America.
The Kailakuri Health Care Project (www.kailakuri.com) provides essential health care for a very poor community. It is run by the poor for the poor. English communications are currently managed by an elderly New Zealand doctor together with a young Bangladeshi with computer skills but insufficient English. The language medium of the project is Bengali and none of the staff has sufficient English for overseas communications.
1. English communications on behalf of the Medical Coordinator.
2. Discussion and explanation of correspondence (working though the interpreter/computer worker).
3. Letter preparation.
4. Writing English newsletters and reports.
5. Advocacy and fund-raising.
6. Correction of staff's English (especially that of the computer worker/interpreter).
7. Working with key staff to improve their conversational English.
Duration of Commitment: One to two years.
For more information please contact the NZCMS Office or email email@example.com.