Are you passionate about growing the Church? Skilled at managing finances? Interested in working cross-culturally? Are you a team-player keen to train others? NZCMS, in partnership with the Anglican Diocese of Polynesia, is looking for a Finance and Trust Manager who can improve and manage the assets and finances of the Diocese, and train up others with these skills.
The primary function of the Finance and Trust Manager is to manage the assets, finances, and property of the Anglican Diocese of Polynesia. The Diocese has not been successful in appointing a suitable person locally for this role and have therefore approached NZCMS. In addition to fulfilling the role responsibilities, the goal for the NZCMS Mission Partner would be to work themselves out of the job. They would have an additional responsibility to train a small group to equip them with skills to fulfil this role and others in the Diocese and community.
This role is located in Fiji. The successful applicant would serve the Anglican Diocese of Polynesia as a NZCMS Mission Partner. The length of service is negotiable, although it is expected that this role would require at least 2 years commitment.
The Diocese of Polynesia is responsible for the Anglican mission in Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and American Samoa (within the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia). The Anglican Mission in the Diocese focuses on evangelism, stewardship, development and education.
The functions of the position include:
- General trust office administration including property and financial management
- Evaluation and reporting of all assets and properties, and maintaining database records
- Analysis of investment opportunities available locally and internationally
- Property management
- Coaching others with financial and asset management skills.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working cross-culturally
- Experience in training and coaching others and excellent communication skills.
- A proactive attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in managing assets.
- Ability to provide sound investment and policy advice.
Does this sound like you? We would love to talk more about this missional opportunity with you. Please contact NZCMS at email@example.com for more information.
You can download a printable, pdf version of this job description here.